Care and washing instructions
The following advice will help you to care for your BELSANA stockings in such a way that they keep their compression effectiveness.
In order to preserve their compressive effect, BELSANA stockings should be treated with great care:
- Hand-wash the stockings daily, or at least every other day.
- Use a standard mild detergent – but no fabric softener.
- Wash at a temperature between 30°C and 40°C.
- Rinse thoroughly but do not spin or wring; squeeze gently to remove excess water.
- Place the stockings on a towel and allow to air-dry or use the delicates setting of your dryer. Never iron them.
The oils frequently found in lotions and ointments will not normally affect compression stockings made with synthetic elastic thread, such as those of Belsana. Nor are they affected by exposure to direct sunlight.
You can further maximise the useful life of your stockings by taking good care of your feet and by wearing solid footwear, which will help to preserve their fine threads. Fibre ends that stick out can lead to the formation of small lumps (pilling) in the fibre. This, however, can happen with textiles of any kind and is not unusual nor should it be a cause for complaint.
All compression stocking articles sold by pharmacists are inspected for quality. They carry the quality mark of the German Quality Mark Association for Medical Compression Stockings and are periodically inspected by the independent Hohenstein Research Institute. Should you have any reason to return your stockings, however, please note that we will only accept items returned in clean condition. Please do not attempt to mend faulty stockings yourself.