Vein walking – trendy and healthy
Walking is a sporting activity that is particularly beneficial for your veins. A healthy walk activates the muscle pump, thus boosting in a natural way the venous return of the blood to the heart without overloading the heart or the venous System. Normal or brisk Walking also has the added advantage of being suitable for everyone.
Try to find your own rhythm in walking, and stay relaxed:
- At the start, keep a steady pace
- Place heels with slightly-bent knees, roll feet over their entire sole, land fore foot first
- Angle the arms and swing them by your side to match your stride
- Allow your shoulders to hang loose and push out your chest
- Consciously breathe in and out – look about four or five metres ahead
Go walking with a partner. You can find guided walking groups almost everywhere,
e.g. sports centres or adult education centres.